Tuesday, December 3, 2013

#94 - Coney Dog at LinX

When I started this list, I mentioned there were a few dishes I've already tried from the list, and while I didn't specifically rule out going back, I hadn't planned on trying them again unless I just happened to be there. On the way back from a recent shopping trip, my fiancee and I were trying to figure out where to eat and we briefly contemplated Haven, but eventually chose LinX. They always have great sausages and a good selection of beer (which is what I needed at that time).

So, here it is, the Coney Dog. While I'll usually omit raw onions or tomatoes when I purchase an item, I left the onions on here and they were a great addition. Combined with the snap of the dog and the chili, they add a welcome crunch to the dog. The bread (from OC Baking of course), was perfectly toasted and a great complement to the dog. There's really not much else to say. LinX just makes a great sausage.

Their frites are also quite spectacular. I did have one lackluster order, but every other time, they come out hot, crispy, and the diversity of the dipping sauces ensure a different experience each time. Sadly though, the buffalo wings they offered were a bit lackluster. They just didn't do anything to separate them from the crowd. Just get a dog, some frites, and a beer and you'll be in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment