Friday, December 6, 2013

#62 - Every Damn Thing at Mochi Cream

I ventured back over to Santouka Ramen earlier this week as I had been craving it for a few days and it once again delivered near perfection. But this time, after the meal, instead of a heavy, filled pastry of sorts that I found last time in the middle of an aisle being freshly cooked, I instead opted for Mochi Cream. According to OC Weekly's list, every damn thing there should be amazing, but holy hell are they pricey.

I briefly thought about opting for a 'mochido' - a mochi donut of sorts, but they were super tiny and priced at over $2 each. So instead I just went for a couple mochi ice cream desserts. I opted for the apple pie and chocolate banana flavors as they seemed like they would complement each other well.

There's really not too much to say about them. They were fine, still seemed a bit pricey at $1.80 - $2.00 a piece with no volume discount that I could see, but they just weren't anything special. I've had Mochilato a few times and, honestly, would prefer those mochi ice cream desserts to Mochi Cream. The ice cream at Mochi Cream just seemed like it was older, or had been sitting in the freezer at too low a temperature, while at Mochilato, they come straight from the case at the perfect temperature to eat right away and enjoy.

Next time I'll probably skip Mochi Cream, save my ice cream craving for Mochilato, and shop the Mitsuwa marketplace for some other dessert at a more reasonable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment