Monday, August 25, 2014

#74 - Doughnuts from Sidecar

As we get to the end of 2014, OC Weekly has started putting together their 100 favorite dishes from this year, so I've got another whole 100 dishes to seek out and try at one point or another. To start the 2014 list out, we go with the doughnut (or, as I like to spell it, the donut - shut up Chrome dictionary, that is a correct spelling).

Long story short, most of the office was out on vacation or had the day off for various other reasons, so we splurged and instead of the usual run-of-the-mill donut shop Friday donuts, we had Sidecar. There were too many amazing options to choose from, but I went with the Tart Cherry Cheesecake.

Simply, it's quite an amazing donut. Less really about the donut dough itself and more about the fillings. Though cooked well and glazed nicely, all you really focus on is the cheescake filling, the nice graham cracker crumble, and the tart cherry atop (which wasn't really even that tart).

For the price, not quite sure these are worth the hype (I didn't pick them up, but they usually have a line and will often sell out in the morning). It was a serviceable donut taken to the next level, but give me my maple bar each Friday and I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment